This policy explains how The Company obtains, uses and discloses your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”). The Company is committed to protecting Website Users’ privacy and ensuring that personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently. If there is anything in this policy that a Website User does not agree with, he/she must immediately cease using this website and report any breach to The Company using the contact form on the contact page.
- CAFB: Creative Angels Fashion Benefit, owned by Perana Viosa (Pty) Ltd, registration number 2013/163330/07, a company incorporated in the Republic of South Africa (hereinafter referred to as “The Company”).
- Personal Information: information relating to an identifiable, living, natural person and where it is applicable, identifiable, existing juristic person, including all information as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013. The Company also includes the following items as personal information:
- All addresses including residential, postal and email addresses.
- Change of name – for which The Company may require copies of the marriage certificate or official change of name document issued by the state department.
- Processing: creation, generation, communication, storage, destruction of personal information as more fully defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
- Site Content: any words, images, media, logos, artwork and/or documents represented through this website.
Additional definitions may be found on this website’s terms and conditions page.
Website User restrictions
- Website Users may not copy, reproduce, reuse, retransmit, adapt, publish, frame, post, upload, modify, broadcast or distribute any Site Content in any way, including for any public or commercial purpose whatsoever, without The Company’s prior written permission, except to print a single copy of Site Content for personal use.
- Website Users may print portions of Site Content for educational purposes only as may be permitted under international copyright law.
- Website Users may not use any third parties’ likenesses, names, and/or properties without their express permission.
- Website Users may not submit any material to this website that is unlawful, harmful (including any virus), threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, indecent or profane or that could constitute or encourage a violation of any law.
- The Company may review, edit or delete materials submitted to this website, but is not obligated to do so.
- The Company may cancel any registration(s) or account(s) on this website at any time, without notice or liability, for any reason, including if technical problems, irregularities or misuse occurs.
- The Company guarantees that no Website User data, personal or otherwise, will ever be passed to external agencies or third parties for any reason unless required by law.
- The Company collects Website Users’ personal information primarily for contact purposes:
- Understanding Website User requirements
- Delivering products and/or services accordingly
- The Company collects Website Users’:
- Full names
- Email addresses
- Contact numbers
- Cities of residence
- Payment method information (only where a Website User purchases a product/service)
- The Company collects information directly from Website Users where it is provided through form submissions on this website, and through other platforms, such as social media pages.
- Where possible, The Company will inform Website Users of which information is required and which information is optional.
- Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows The Company to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
By providing personal information to The Company, Website Users acknowledge that it has been intentionally submitted, and consent to its processing by The Company. Acts of processing include but are not limited to:
- Gathering contact information
- Verifying Website User identity for authentication and/or security purposes
- Detecting and preventing fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice
- Conducting market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis
- Auditing and record keeping purposes
- In connection with legal proceedings
Where Website Users submit Personal Information (such as name, address, telephone number and email address) via this website (e.g. through completing any online form, chat function and/or commenting on content) the following principles are observed in the processing of that information:
- The Company will only collect personal information for a purpose consistent with the purpose for which it is required. The specific purpose for which information is collected will be apparent from the context in which it is requested.
- The Company will only process personal information in a manner that is adequate, relevant and not excessive in the context of the purpose for which it is processed.
- Personal information will only be processed for a purpose compatible with that for which it was collected, unless Website Users agree to an alternative purpose in writing or The Company is permitted in terms of national legislation of general application dealing primarily with the protection of personal information.
- The Company will not disclose any personal information relating to Website Users, to any third party unless prior written agreement is obtained or The Company is required to do so by law.
- The Company will disclose Website Users’ personal information to legal representatives, where The Company believes it is necessary to protect its rights.
- If personal information is released with Website User consent, The Company will retain a record of the information released, the third party to which it was released, the reason for the release and the date of release.
As permitted by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002, The Company may use personal information collected to compile profiles for research and statistical purposes. No information contained in the profiles or statistics will be able to be linked to any specific user.
The Company may disclose Website Users’ personal information to service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services. The Company has several agreements in place, to ensure that service providers comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act, which are reviewed either on a project-to-project basis and/or annually.
More information on the above purpose are listed below:
Individuals, including Website Users, who have interacted with The Company in one or more of the following ways, prior to 26 October 2019, may currently be stored in The Company’s marketing communications databases:
- Completed an online purchase through this website or another eCommerce platform profile and/or event portal, including but not limited to Quicket South Africa.
- Registered an eCommerce account on this website, regardless of completing a purchase or abandoning a cart
- Submitted a form on this website
- Purchased event tickets offline, through The Company and/or one of its nominated partners and/or delegates
- Completed a paper-based form during The Company’s fundraising, sales and/or promotional activities
- Contributed money to fundraising and/or sponsorship initiatives
All such individuals have had ongoing opportunities to opt out of such communications, and a number have selected to do so. Those individuals who have not opted out may receive a new opt-in marketing communication message at such time that The Company resumes its current operational hiatus (October 2019-present).
The Company may collect and use Website Users’ personal information, as collected by cookies and/or submitted through website forms, to target Website Users on third party platforms such as Google Ads, Facebook Twitter, Instagram and more.
The Company may collect and use Website Users’ personal and non-personal information for promotions, giveaways, competitions, or other similar marketing campaigns. To comply with legal requirements, The Company may publish or share a limited amount of personal information (such as name and city of residence) about winner/s, as announcements. For more information about The Company’s promotional competitions, please see the official terms and conditions applicable to each competition.
The Company may disclose Website Users’ personal information if permitted by law or required to do so by law or where such action is necessary in order to protect or defend The Company’s integrity and/or interests, or the interests of The Company’s clients and/or Website Users.
Maintenance and user experience improvement
The Company may collect and use Website Users’ personal information to maintain registered accounts, including administering any consumer loyalty or rewards programs that are associated with such accounts.
The Company may collect and use Website Users’ information to improve and personalise user experience on our websites and applications. This is typically done through automated tracking technologies (such as cookies, pixels and/or tags) that collect and store certain account login information, technical information and website usage information.
The Company takes seriously its responsibility to provide adequate protection for Website Users’ personal information. The Company therefore takes reasonable measures to ensure the security and integrity of information submitted to or collected by this website, but cannot under any circumstances be held liable for any loss or other damage sustained by Website Users as a result of legitimate unlawful and/or unauthorised access to or dissemination of any personal information by a third party. The Company endeavors to review, update and adjust security measures and processes on an ongoing basis, at least once every calendar year.
More security information is available through The Company’s Terms and Conditions page.
The Company will collect and use relevant Website Users’ personal information to process and ship selected sales orders, and to inform customers about the status of respective orders.
Links to other websites
The Company (in addition to associated or affiliated companies or third parties who have licensed its brands to The Company or contributed to this website) (“Content Owner”) owns and receives third party content, with consent to publish such content on this website. All website content remains the sole property of the applicable Content Owner and is protected under all relevant Copyright, Trademark and other applicable laws. Nothing on this website should be construed as granting any license or rights to use or distribute any website content, without The Company’s express written agreement or of the other applicable Content Owner.
If for any reason, any provision herein is found void or unenforceable, it will be severed to necessary extent and the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect.
Data access and control
Website Users can request access to their respective personal information as held by The Company by contacting The Company directly through the website form, alternatively emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. The Company’s sole Director, Prenessa Nalliah, presides over the business as the nominated Privacy Officer and is open to the appointment of independent parties, should it be required to resolve any data-related disputes.
The Company reserves its right to request identification before releasing any requested personal information, and to invoice a legally permissible and reasonable fee for any hard costs incurred to deliver the requested information. If The Company cannot provide access to respective Website Users’ personal information, The Company will provide supporting reasons why. Depending on the nature of the request, The Company may charge for providing access to personal information, however such charge will not be excessive (no profit-generating cost).
Where possible and within the scope of law, Website Users can review or update any personal information that The Company may have collected. Website Users, under the same requirements as for data access, may request that information be changed or erased. The Company will provide confirmation of actions taken toward such requests by Website Users, in writing.
Website Users, concerned about a possible interference with privacy or misuse of personal information by The Company, are required to please contact The Company’s Privacy Officer, Prenessa Nalliah, by email to email@example.com to request a privacy complaint sheet. Alternative contact details are available on the Contact Page of this website.